The game features 20 levels of increasing difficulty. The player has to save items of personal value from the flames and navigate through a maze of rooms, all the while avoiding firefighters that are out to save your skin (but not your stuff!)
Each level has a set of items that have to be saved to complete the level. However, for the special badge, you have to save all items. And once you have done that, you can always try to improve your time.
The game focuses on speed and humor. The graphics are inspired by the classic 1950s style of animation, while the music is produced on 80s vintage analog synthesizers. Combine that with quick-finger gameplay, and you have a unique gaming experience.
Stupid Survivor is the first game from Aware Games, a new small Finnish independent game development studio.
Fires that block your path
– The fires spread and multiply
– Jumping in a fire = game over
Many different items to rescue
– Picking up and dropping items
– No jumping while carrying
Several different types of firemen
– Firemen try to rescue you
– Trick firemen to put out fires
Light puzzle elements
– Figure out paths for escape
– Use water buckets to put out fires and stun firemen
– Use keys to open doors